Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Personal Introduction to my study of The Book of Mormon

I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Mormon).  We are told in the John 5:39 "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." This blog will be a record of my daily study (over several years) of the Book of Mormon - an ancient record written for our day. I testify these words are true and that you may "get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than any other book." (Joseph Smith). I know these words were recorded for our day and that we will be held accountable before God for how we treat them. I hold them sacred and pray I will be found a worthy witness of their truths.

2 comments:

  1. I believe that Nephi claims to be highly favored of the Lord BECAUSE of his many afflictions, recognizing the trust that the Lord has in him to meet those challenges and overcome them, because he does not face them alone, but always with the Lord's help. He sees all that he has gained both in experience and spiritual insight because of those afflictions and credits the Lord for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought about my trials in this way. That the Lord has trusted me to meet my challenges and as they have increased in intensity and I am now serving a mission I have truly come to know my Savoir and Heavenly Father. I know I will always have challenges as long as I live in this world. But I find great comfort in knowing the I am never alone. Barbara, thank you for sharing and increasing my awareness of our Savior. Love, Sister Cassita

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to add to the discussion with honest, but positive, faith-promoting comments. All other comments will not be posted.