Friday, April 29, 2022

2 Nephi 11


(All of my own thoughts are in blue type. red 5/20 Green 2/21 Orange 4/22  Brown 2023

Chapter 11

Jacob saw his Redeemer—The law of Moses typifies Christ and proves He will come. About 559–545 B.C.

1 And now, aJacob spake many more things to my people at that time; nevertheless only these things have I caused to be bwritten, for the things which I have written sufficeth me. Nephi is still alive and keeping the record, but his younger brother Jacob is teaching the people. No older brother jealousy going on here...what has been written, though not all that Jacob said, is all that needs to be written. I'm thinking now, he's saying that he, Jacob, actually wrote it, but on Nephi's plates.
  2 And now I, Nephi, write amore of the words of bIsaiah, for my soul delighteth in his words. Too bad that we, as a church, don't seem to "delight" in the words of Isaiah. Even though Jesus commands us to study them and they were written in large part for our day, we don't give them any special treatment in Sunday School and find them too difficult to understand on our own. Avraham Gileadi is a great resource for feasting on the words of Isaiah. For I will liken his words unto my people, and I will send them forth unto all my children, He's not saying they were written for his people, but he found ways to "liken" them, so they could learn from them for he verily csaw my dRedeemer, even as I have seen him. I  love that Nephi so freely shares that he saw Jesus Christ. If our leaders have seen him (which we want to assume, if they are called to be a witness of Him), why do they not openly share that like Nephi did?
  3 And my brother, Jacob, also has aseen him as I have seen him; wherefore, I will send their words the words of Isaiah and the words of Jacob forth unto my children to prove unto them that my words are true. Wherefore, by the words of bthree, Isaiah, Jacob, Nephi God hath said, I will establish my word. Nevertheless, God sendeth more cwitnesses, and he proveth all his words. The law of witnesses is part of the Lord's program. He proves his word by more than one witness. 
  4 Behold, my soul delighteth in aproving unto my people the truth of the bcoming of Christ; for, for this end hath the claw of Moses been given; and all things which have been given of God from the beginning of the world, unto man, are the dtypifying of him. Look for Christ in EVERYTHING! 
  5 And also my soul delighteth in the acovenants of the Lord which he hath made to our fathers; His heart has been "turned to his fathers"! yea, my soul delighteth in his bgrace, and in his justice, and power, and mercy in the great and eternal plan of cdeliverance from death.
  6 And my soul delighteth in proving unto my people that asave Christ should come all men must perish. This knowledge is necessary to truly have a "broken heart/contrite spirit", which is necessary to be "born again".
  7 For if there be ano Christ there be no God; and if there be no God we are not, for there could have been no bcreation. But there is a God, and che is Christ, and he cometh in the fulness of his own timeNot just the 'fulness of time' but the 'fulness of HIS OWN time'. What do you think that means? What is the difference?
  8 And now I write asome of the words of Isaiah, that whoso of my people shall see these words may lift up their hearts and rejoice for all men. Now these are the words, and ye may liken them unto you and unto all menI have been looking at the scriptures for certain proofs about Christ's coming as well. I also 'delight' in proving what I believe, in the hopes that others will believe and have hope and desire to turn their hearts fully to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love for you to add to the discussion with honest, but positive, faith-promoting comments. All other comments will not be posted.